Below are a few things I learned from my studying, not in seminary, but in a university:
- You must never plagiarize, instead give credits for your quotes.
- You must go to the source documents, eliminate hearsay.
- You must listen/read your critics or those that have views contrary to yours.
- You must practice critical thinking.
- You must spot logical fallacies in yourself so as to correct them, and spot fallacies in others so as not to be lured by them.
This is just a nutshell list. If you have some suggestions to add let me know.
It is my hope that the readers find the above points something they can use in evaluating the merits of the arguments found in the posts and comments in this blog.