Thursday, March 01, 2007

Death does not trump life

You know I started to ride a motorcycle to work and being a rider, I get to worry about my vulnerability and my finitude. I think you will know what I mean by those words.

I was listening to Pr. Todd on the Invocation of the Saints here. Towards the bottom of that interview, he said something profound, profound to me anyway that it held me stunned for a few minutes. He said this...
The life of the saint begins where your life ends and Christ's life picks us. The life of the saint begins in Holy Baptism, when God gives faith in Christ alone, and that life does not end; that life can not be touched by death.

Death is not a transition, there is no doubt about it, death is an END. It is an end to one thing but it is not a beginning. It is an end to this life of sin in the flesh, a life that was really over and done with when Christ put it to death in His body at the Cross.


While I listened I knew the truth of what he said was Biblical, that principle may be found in Col 2: 11-14. But there was so much Good News, I could hardly contain it, I felt like like worshiping God at that moment. Praise the Lord.

3 comments:

jim cronfel said...

You are correct that death does not trump life. But Christ's eternal death paid for our eternal death. But the notion that our own death conquers our own death death unto our own life is a pipe dream unto our own eternal death.

LPC said...

Jim,

This is a bit deep and I had to read your post quite a few times, no worries there. I think I know what you are saying.

jim cronfel said...

correction: "But the notion that our own death conquers our own death unto our own life is a pipe dream unto our own eternal death."